Sunday, 19 April 2015

Happiness Rebutted !!

It was 02:17 on the screen when my phone asked me to unplug the charger. Irony it is .We sometimes forget about charging ourselves with the meal but when it comes to our mobile phones then its like feeding your boss his breakfast, lunch and without fail his dinner too.

     Well being an engineering student you get the license of waking up till dawn and sleeping till it gets dark. We had some beer at 11 before starting the copy and paste work of our project. Yes, its part of our tactics and we don't mind doing it. The more sincerely you do and the more you will be screwed.After a long time I was at my friend's place for packing up process of my project work. "A beer a day keeps the doctor away " are the posters you will find around here. I wont deny as experience is the best teller.

"I am hungry , I want to eat you ?" Saurav asked me mimicking in the famine voice.The mate in my project activity who finds everything funny .He laughed for an hour while telling how his girlfriend broke her nail in an accident. Yes , he is absolutely so stupid every time. I too sometimes doubt about his reason of existence.

"I want to be at the railway stationnn...have some chaiiiii...have some samosaaa...and some" I told him my wishes as if I was 4 and he as if  a Santa. I don't know how , why and what happens to me and I act like dumb sometimes. I am afraid if I am getting like Saurav. No, then I will be some like who loves eating chips on the bed , have whiskey on the bed , watch movies on the bed and that for days. May be his bed will party once he finds some job.

"No, I cant leave this bed. Please bring some pakodas for me too" he ordered and jumped into his bed.

"I don't have the cash." I threw the common sentence of hostelites.

"Fuck off then , I am dozing already. Get the lights off , lock the door from outside and keep the key with you" he said covering up his face with the blanket. I never mind his words. I don't know why but some are made that way who can hold a smile whole life and paste it on your face too.

....................................................................................................................................................

I was at the railway station . I parked my bike near the tea stall just outside the entrance of the reservation office.

"One chai"  I asked him to serve while looking for the five rupee coin in my change pocket. Thats the price at which you will find the tiny tea cup in most of India. I gave him the coin and picked the plastic cup which was filled up to the brim.

"Ten it is." He repeated once again returning my priceless coin back.

"So these too hike up after 12 as of petrol do?" I asked him. More than a question it was an answer to his words.

" Its 2.45 " He said looking into his Nokia 1100 phone. He was a young guy in his 25's with light beard standing on welded platform below.

"Yes , it is. When you have your nap?" I interrogated him. I usually do . I like talking to people and it is always good to know what they feel .

"I had enough sleep and so I need to work now ." He said and gave a smile .

I took another sip from the cup and half left it was .

"It was the time when my parents used tell me to wake up and study but then  I never cared. Well now nobody asks me to sleep even" He said stirring his tea on the stove.

"You need to earn and so everyone needs to do work" I tried making the converse more thoughtful.

" There is nothing I save at the end of the day . I work , I earn and I spend. This is how my life is going" He said while putting more sugar in the bowl.

"So , what you do?"

"will be an engineer soon"

"wow! Then enough money , good life. That is the difference. You people first work hard and then enjoy. In our case its completely opposite" He said giving a bitter laugh.

...........................................................................................................................................................

A small exchange of our words it was but it had lot of things to look on. My mind gave a summary about how I take my life or may be how WE take it.

We are never happy with the things we have . I am not happy because I am struggling to become something in my life. But the tea seller thinks I am happy as I will be an engineer soon.

I never feel proud of what I ll be in next few months. I never took it as that person did.

Well I am thinking that guy atleast earns enough so he should be happy about it but irony is that even he is not happy.

Everyone is crying for the things they don't have but never try to sum up all the stuffs they really have and don't care about.


To be honest , I am tired of thinking . It questions me back that how happy actually I am.

Saurav is happy . The Chubby guy is happy with what he has . He never competes with anyone and doesnot care about small things as I do and that keeps him so happy.

We don't want to accept good things and hence we will never be happy for long.

HAPPINESS REBUTTED!!!


Tushar Cancare








  

6 comments:

  1. Nobody is happy doin what they're doing n they all think others are happy. Sad.
    Good article though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you..the world is always cribbing with what they don't have, nobody is satisfied with what they have...good
    article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth of life!!!
    There's always a vault in everyone's life which keeps us all down to earth!! If we all get what we want then someday surely we ll stop valuing things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth of life!!!
    There's always a vault in everyone's life which keeps us all down to earth!! If we all get what we want then someday surely we ll stop valuing things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truth of life!!!
    There's always a vault in everyone's life which keeps us all down to earth!! If we all get what we want then someday surely we ll stop valuing things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. True... We should learn to be Happy in what we have....!!

    ReplyDelete